Robin Padilla has been a staple in action films for about three decades, pero ‘yun lang ang alam ng mga tao halos about sa kanya: “Bad Boy” ng Philippine Cinema.
Pero there is more to who Robin really is. Hindi siya ang typical na action star na alam ng mga tao. So, here are some random facts about Robin na magpapakilala pa lalo sa inyo kung sino ba talaga siya behind the screen:
• Robin nearly died on the set of Ang Utol Kong Hoodlum when he was burned literally, leaving scars sa kanyang braso, mukha at abdomen.
• Palagi siyang nagbibigay ng stuff sa mga tao na nangangailangan
• Nagkargador si Robin nung bata siya sa palengke sa Baguio sa Kayang Street para makakuha ng extra income
• Nagpagawa ng muslim cemetery sa Bulacan si Robin.
• Robin has achieved a crazy box-office milestone year for four times already.
• He also got injured during the set of Ang Baby Ama with a major slip disk.
• Robin also actually dangled himself in a helicopter for ABS-CBN teleserye Basta’t Kasama Kita.
• Robin attended preschool and elementary at Siena College, freshman of high school in San Sebastian Recoletos and Saint Louis University Boys’ High School during his sophomore and junior years, pero nag-drop out siya when he was 17 to pursue his acting.
• He then got his high school diploma inside bilibid through PEP test. Robin also obtained his college degree in criminology at Philippine College of Criminology.
• Robin voluntarily surrendered and got into prison in 1995 for illegal possession of firearms in 1993.
• In early days of his career, nag-audition siya ngunit hindi pinalad na makuha ang roles sa Ninja Kids produced by Viva Films at 14 Going Steady produced by Regal films—isa sa mga rason na nag-push pa sa kanya lalo para magsipag para makamit ang kanyang pangarap na maging aktor.
• Robin had his major film debut in Eagle Squad.
• Si Robin ang nag-pe-perform ng halos lahat ng stunts niya since Eagle Squad.
• He was trained as a stuntman by the great Baldo Marro.
• Robin’s original name, Robinhood, came from the favorite pomade of his father.
• In 2015, Robin finally received his star on Eastwood Walk of Fame.
• Pangarap ni Robin dati ang maging boxer, the dream na medyo natupad niya nung siya ay nasa GMA teleserye Totoy Bato.
• Robin gives one-half of his ancestral home in Fairview, Quezon City, for the less fortune by renovating it into 27 townhomes.
• Acting is in his blood, siya ang anak ni Roy Padilla Sr. na isang direktor at producer at ni Eva Cariño na isang aktres. Cousin din siya nila Rudy Fernandez and Zsa Zsa Padilla.
• When Robin was only 18, shortly when he was starting his career in show business, his father was assassinated during the campaign period at Camarines Norte.
• Nabasa na ni Robin ang buong Bible ng limang beses.
• Nabasa, at binabasa pa rin, na ni Robin ang buong Quran (english/tagalog) for almost 10 times and still counting.
• Hindi lang sa mga babae umuubra ang charisma ni Robin, kundi pati sa mga lalaki, kaya marami siyang fans na mahilig sa action films na mga lalaki.
• Magaling mag-drawing si Robin.
• Si Robin din ang nagsulat and codirector ng Mistah.
[April 02, 2020]